Approximately 4 million adoptable pets are put to sleep each year, including millions of cats and kittens. It is estimated that 70% of homeless cats and kittens are “put to sleep”. Adopt and save a life!
Our mission is to place every pet that enters our rescue into a loving, permanent home; to motivate our local community to support our no-kill mission, and spay-neuter efforts through donation, volunteer, and adoption opportunities…until every pet goes to their forever home.
We strive to create a community that nurtures and respects companion animals, and to someday see that every pet is loved. In order to create such a community, Foster Paws functions as a pet adoption rescue, carefully placing pets into forever homes. Additionally, we do everything in our power to reduce the pet overpopulation. Every pet is spayed or neutered before going to his or her new home. We can only accomplish our mission by educating the community and sharing our beliefs that we are creating a better world for these wonderful animals.
Foster Paws is committed to:
- Providing a safe haven for the homeless cats within our rescue and through our foster care program;
- Providing high quality medical care to our pets including a regulated spay and neuter program;
- Relieving high kill shelters of an over abundance of cats;
- Actively making our pets accessible to prospective adopters through internet exposure (including www.petfinder.com, email campaigns to our supporters and past adopters, and a variety of equally effective marketing efforts;
- Meticulously screening prospective adopters and ensuring that the safety and well being of the cat is the highest priority;
- Providing an abundance of volunteer opportunities where our community members and community service program members can contribute in the caring of rescue pets, and participate in off site adoption events and fundraisers;
- Providing financial transparency in the distribution of adoption fees and donations that support our operational expenses; and
- Remaining true to our “no-kill” policy.